Friday, October 27, 2006

CRIME IN T&T


VIOLENCE AND AGGRESSION

I was wondering this morning why it was the country I live in is becoming so unfriendly and uncaring. The people at work are so unhappy and unkind to each other and the customers are so aggressive and rude you would wonder if they were taught manners and values. In fact I wonder if they were all dragged up. But what struck me, and down right primitive, was the scene I witnessed at the Gas Station last night.

I was waiting for the cashier to take my money for a coca cola I was buying when I heard 3 loud thuds, when I looked up the security guard was holding the head of an old man and slamming it into the glass windows of the Quick Shop. People started to react and some ran out to intervene, others began a conversation that the man did not deserve that and how could anyone do that to a old man.

I shook my head and wondered, but I recognized that a lot of people have no brotherly love in them, they are reactionary and creatures of emotions. From work to this Gas Station people no longer care about others, survival of the fittest sets in. I bought my coke and left and when I reached home I related my ordeal to my wife. I looked at my family and I wanted to protect them to shield them from the horrors outside the walls of our home.

The thing is only God can keep us safe and I don't need to protect them as God is doing everything, that does not mean I am going to be careless but trusting God and having faith takes all the fear away. S what I experienced yesterday is just one more stage in the degradation of society and the world, its interesting that the more we become civilized the more primitive we become.

For the last week I have been speaking my mind, in the past I would bottle things up and never make a comment but I have been really bold of late. Now God's wonderful hand is in everything and I thank him for making me brave and bold. Today while every thing was crazy I was making myself happy and laughing, which made my day much better. I really believe that laughter is the best medicine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home