Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"ALPHA AND OMEGA"


"A NEW
BEGINNING
HAS BEGUN"

Daniel Gethyn has completed a journey in about 27 posts and whether people believe it or not is of no consequence, the story is true and is a testimony to what I have gone through and come out of. Now a new journey has begun and like the phoenix that rises from the ashes, only Almighty God could have done such a work in me. Now I know the world we live in will read these posts and scoff, laugh and even write to tell me to go and see a shrink, but then I did not really write this for anyone but myself, my personal diary.

It is really a good feeling to go back, read what you have written, and ponder the journey that began as a child and now is poised in a new direction. I am surprised because I never thought in a million years that I could write like this, but then it was not really I who was writing but God who guided and directed me. Through these posts, I have come to understand who I am and who God wants me to be. I know I am a man and a child of God, that I have been liberated from a whole set of chains that were pulling me down into the depths of despair and hell. I also know that I am alive and free to explore a true love, one that is God given with my wife.

Tonight I had a discussion with my wife, which was focused upon our relationship as it stands. What I have learnt is that we are not the same people as of a few years ago, heck a few months ago and our focus revolves around what God has for us. We know we love each other and are suited for each other but we also know that a lot of damage has been done and there will always be a difference in the love we have. This has to be so and what develops from here is good in itself, what God has created out of the ashes is something he alone is guiding and we are willing servants moving forward with Him. Many people would say, "Well, would it not be better to find someone else, to start over?", but for both of us there is no one else and even if we were to separate which I don't believe God has in mind, we would live our lives alone.

I know each day is a new day and it is worth it once God is in charge. The Holidays officially start today and I officially start a new life. There are still many posts to write but I will write when God directs. I don't expect anyone to believe in my beliefs or my convictions, as I said this was a journey for me and my wife to heal, to open up and to express myself where I was unable to before. Maybe my posts can help someone, maybe it will not but at least I know I am satisfied, no, contented with it.

I really want to say that the support I have gotten from my wife is beyond what words can say. I love S. and she is such a special gift, her dedication and undying devotion, trust and faith in God is also beyond explanation. Her Obedience to God is an inspiration and really breaks down walls and moves mountains. My children are also there for me and as we speak they are around giving the support and love as children do, they are so worth it.

Therefore, my friends, it's time to write in the present - what I mean is my posts from now on deal with new things and new events. Each day is an adventure and a new experience, but I am not alone because I have God.

Thus I close this book which was entitled, "ONCE UPON A TIME DANIEL WAS GAY"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home