Sunday, September 24, 2006

MY JOB AND COUNTRY


WORK AND POLITICS

Today I went to the beach with my wife and children, this event is always one that makes me so proud and honoured to be alive. However, I took some time to look at the rest of society and wonder what has gone wrong. Now, I am not one to condemn or complain since I have made some great mistakes in my life and still continue ever so often to do so. The thing is people, and I mean most of my fellow citizens, have really lost that human touch - what I mean is we as a people no longer aspire to that wonderful and humbling name people give to us, that being a friendly and warm people.

I used to believe that everyone I met growing up were nice people and I used to look for the good things in them while overlooking the bad. I was really naive since most people are not very nice and your most trusted friend today might be your worst enemy tomorrow. The most selfish acts I saw at the beach today ranged from ill-mannered people to down right rude behaviour. So have we lost our compassion and humanity? I would like to say yes.

I have been back to work for nearly a month now and I find it very hard to relate to anyone working with me. Most of the time they find themselves involved in the most serious of conversations, but these revolve around another colleague. There are those who bicker, back-stab and those who just love gossip and story-telling. What makes my blood boil however is the constant hypocrisy, especially when those who talk about others do the same thing themselves. I am a bit tired of all of it and want to change jobs.

For the time being I try to stay to myself and do my work but between the type of employees I have to deal with and my colleagues, I don't know which is worse. One thing is for sure I am getting really tired and feel that my job is draining me like a Vampire. Yet, I stay and make the best of it because I always turn to God for that support.

The other side of the difficulties of life is the state of the country. You ever wonder where immature children who have never grown up turn up? Well, they become politicians and, worse yet, they become the leaders of a country. I don't ever get involved in politics far less my country's politics. I may discuss it with my wife or people at work but usually I keep it to myself.

However, in the last few years the economic situation has gotten harder with children at the top making decisions and playing with people's lives. No one ever asks God what he wants for his people, they make grand decisons and policies and force all to accept. What is the result? no democracy, white elephants, increase in inflation, poor health facilities, increased industry causing pollution and of course my favourite, more houses and stadiums while food prices sky rocket.

That's all I want to say about that, maybe it will change and maybe it won't but one thing I have noticed is that no one really cares about their fellow man nor do they care to just take a second to talk to God about anything.

So those are my ramblings for tonight, I was going to write about my behavoiur of late but I will leave that for another time.

By the way, "Happy Republic Day" to all my fellow Trinbagonians !!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home